Colony Law is a civil litigation and transactional law firm concentrating on real estate, business, and personal injury matters. Our firm is dedicated to helping clients achieve cost-effective legal solutions, obtain maximum compensation, and resolve legal conflicts quickly and efficiently. Whether you need us to represent you in a contentious lawsuit or in negotiating an agreement, you'll find that we take a fresh, effective approach to practicing law.
Book Your FREE Consultation Call To Discuss Your Matter
We look forward to assisting you throughout your matter.
Boutique Size, Big Law Advocacy
Colony Law prides itself on ensuring its clients receive honest, high quality legal services. We have built a network of contacts in related fields to ensure our clients have all of the support, vendors and resources they require, wherever their case takes them. Our commitment to clients includes:
- Face-to-face meetings with our attorneys
- Phone or Skype consultations
- Fair pricing/billing
- Service for clients across California
- Updated research library
- A commitment to constant, open communication
- Honest assessments of cases
Follow these steps to protect yourself from further harm after an accident.
- Get yourself to a safe place. Roadways are no place to stand or linger, so pull your car off of the roadway if possible. If not, place your emergency flashing lights on, and either remain inside your vehicle, or get off to the side of the road.
- Call the police. In any situation involving an accident, you need to have a trained police investigator assess the situation. Filing a police report with your account of what happened in the accident is vital in determining who will be held responsible for the crash.
- Get medical attention as soon as you can. Car accidents often involve violent collisions that contort the body and can cause a variety of injuries. Often, hidden injuries resulting from car accidents catch victims off-guard in the days following an accident. It is important that you seek precautionary medical attention as the effects of hidden injuries such as whiplash, TMJ, and traumatic brain injury can be devastating.
- Call an experienced personal injury attorney to advise you in protecting your rights. Colony Law will always advise you of these and other steps you should take after an accident when you call us for help. Our office number is (310) 882-6336.
You do not need to make this decision on your own. Our attorneys will set up a free consultation to go over your situation in detail. The attorney will be able to tell you whom you can sue and what you can expect to recover, based on the facts of the accident and the laws in California. Essentially, in most situations, you will have a case if someone acted carelessly under the circumstances (Negligence) and caused your injuries (Damages). Applying this standard is more complicated than it sounds, however, which is why it is important to consult an attorney.
Personal injury claims are often long and complicated and insurance companies employ an army of adjusters and lawyers to protect their interests from prospective claims. If you are involved in an accident that is caused by the negligence of another person, that person’s insurance company will assign an adjuster and possibly a lawyer to handle your claim and defend the case. This means that you must deal with two professionals who are trained to make your claim go away for as little money as possible.
Contacting an experienced personal injury attorney levels that playing field. The lawyers at Colony Law will represent you with the utmost tenacity; we will do everything necessary to ensure that your rights are protected and that you aren’t left holding the bag after an accident that you weren’t responsible for. Contact us for a free consultation to see how Colony Law can help you today.
You should not speak with an insurance adjuster for someone else involved in the accident. They may seem friendly and sympathetic, but they are almost certainly trying to coax statements from you that would reduce or eliminate the liability of their insured. Tell the insurance adjuster to contact your attorney, if you have retained an attorney, or contact your insurance company, if you do not have an attorney. The same points apply if an attorney for someone else contacts you.
You should not be worried that you do not have the money to pay for a lawyer. Our firm takes cases at no charge, collecting our fee as a percentage of any settlement or judgment that they obtain for you. Thus, if you get nothing from the case, neither does the attorney. This is known as a contingency fee arrangement.
Yes. In addition, you may be able to recover damages from both parties involved in the accident, depending on the insurance of both drivers as well as the details of the accident. If their insurance companies refuse to settle for a just amount, you may need to bring them both to court to receive the compensation you deserve.
Our experienced car accident team members have a proven track record of helping our clients obtain meaningful compensation. We leverage our legal knowledge and negotiating skills to make sure insurance companies offer fair and reasonable settlements. If an insurer refuses to cooperate, we are fully prepared to litigate your case in court. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, call our office today for a free consultation or complete the contact form on our website.