What are Uber and Lyft?
Uber and Lyft are Transportation Network Companies (TNC). They have brought ridesharing to a convenient and readily available platform, creating thousands of new jobs and simultaneously decreasing rates of drunk driving. However, TNC’s can also be inherently problematic in the way they handle and process car accidents. Long driving hours, internal and external distractions, unfamiliar driving areas, and other factors contribute to the risk of car accidents under TNC’s. These companies do screen their drivers before employing them, ensuring that most are safe and responsible. However, in case of a car accident, it’s imperative that you seek immediate assistance.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury during a rideshare with Uber, Lyft, etc. you may have grounds for legal action. it is imperative that you speak with a legal professional from Colony Law right away. For a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our expert Uber/Lyft attorneys, contact Colony Law today at (310) 882-6336.
Am I eligible for coverage under Uber/Lyft?
- There are three different situations for eligible coverage under Uber and Lyft, insuring their drivers during the following periods:
- The app is on and you are waiting for a request. The company insures you for liability coverage here if your insurance policy does not cover you. The disparity between the two coverages may be filled with supplemental rideshare insurance.
- You have accepted a ride request. You are on your way to pick up a passenger from the designated location.
- The passenger is in your car. You are on route to the destination.
Uber and Lyft fully cover their drivers with up to $1 million in liability for the second and third situations. This includes collision coverage and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Uber may try to deny that the rideshare accept was accepted in the second situation, so it is always wise to screenshot the accepted request following the accident to support your case.
Do I need an Uber/Lyft attorney?
Employing the services of an experienced ridesharing attorney is a vital part of this process. These cases are inherently nuanced and extremely intricate, therefore even the attempt to navigate these waters yourself is ill-advised. An expert personal injury attorney from The Colony Law will review the details of your case, strengthen it using rhetoric and evidence, and aggressively pursue compensation from the liable party.
Examples of evidence that may support your claim include:
· Video surveillance of the accident
· Photo evidence
· A police report
· Witness testimony
· Relevant insurance information
· An illustration and timelines of the events leading to the accident
Steps you should take after any automobile accident:
- Protect yourself and move to safety
- Call 911 if any injuries occurred or the accident is serious
- Share insurance and contact information with anyone involved
- Report the incident to your insurance company
Seeking the counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney from Colony Law effectively maximizes your potential for compensation following an accident. Our team of legal professionals are experienced Uber/Lyft attorneys and negotiate aggressively to fight for justice.
We will work tirelessly to seek the compensation that you so deserve. Do not wait – contact Colony Law today at (310) 882-6336.